46 Clues Your Partner is Having an Affairby Dr. Robert Huizenga, The Infidelity Coach
Some of these signs of cheating are "tongue in cheek" while others are tell-tale signs that commonly appear with a cheating husband or cheating wife.
1) You find birth-control pills in her medicine cabinet, and you've had avasectomy.
2) Mutual friends start acting strangely toward you. (They either knowabout the cheating or have been told stories about what a horrible wifeor girlfriend you are.)
3) Your cheating husband or wife stops confiding in you and seeking advice from you.
4) Sets up a new e-mail account and doesn't tell you about it.
5) He leaves the house in the morning smelling like Irish Spring andreturns in the evening smelling like Safeguard.
6) She joins the gym and begins a rigorous workout program.
7) She buys a cell phone and doesn't let you know.
8) He sets up a separate cell phone account that is billed to his office.
9) The cheating husband carries condoms, and you are on the pill.
10) Begins to delete all incoming phone calls from the caller ID.
11) Deletes all incoming e-mails when they used to accumulate.
12) He becomes "accusatory," asking if you are being true to him, usually out of guilt.
13) Raises hypothetical questions such as, "Do you think it's possibleto love more than one person at a time?"
14) He buys himself new underwear.
15) He insists the child seat, toys, etc., are kept out of his car.
16) The cheating wife stops wearing her wedding ring.
17) Has a sudden desire to be helpful with the laundry.
18) Has unexplained scratches or bruises on his or her neck or back.
19) Suddenly wants to try new love techniques.
20) He/she fairly suddenly stops having sex with you.
21) He/she suddenly wants more sex, more often.
22) Supposedly works a lot of overtime, but it never shows up on thepay stub.
23) Picks fights in order to stomp out of the house.
24) You find out by accident he or she took vacation day or personaltime off from work - but supposedly worked on those days.
25) Shows a sudden interest in a different type of music.
26) Spouse's co-workers are uncomfortable in your presence.
27) Has a sudden preoccupation with his or her appearance.
28) Spends an excessive amount of time on the computer, especiallyafter you have gone to bed.
29) He throws up a lot because he just ate at his mistress's house andhad to eat the dinner you prepared when he got home.
30) Your spouse is away from home, either nights or on trips, morethan previously.
31) His/her clothes smell of an unfamiliar perfume or after-shave. Yousee lipstick on your husband's shirt.
32) The amount of money being deposited into your checking accountdrops off.
33) You find items of intimate apparel or other small gift-type items that you did not give your spouse.
34) Your spouse seems less comfortable around you and is "touchy"and easily moved to anger.
35) You get calls where the caller hangs up when he or she hears yourvoice.
36) He/she loses attention in the activities in the home.
37) Your intuition (gut feeling) tells you that something is not right.
38) He/she has a definite change in attitude towards everyone in thehome.
39) She uses a low voice or whisper on the phone or hangs up quickly.
40) She has a "glow" about her.
41) Atypical erratic behavior.
42) He sneaks out of the house.
43) She sleeps with her purse by the bed
44) She goes to the store for groceries and comes home 5 hours later.
45) He tells you can get hold of him at a different telephone number.
46) He or She comes straight home and takes an immediate shower.
The telltale signs of a cheating spouse? Having to ask that questionin the first place.